Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama's Address

My favorite part of Obamam's speech is:

And because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace.ref

Or, perhaps it's
And to those nations like ours that enjoy relative plenty, we say we can no longer afford indifference to the suffering outside our borders, nor can we consume the world's resources without regard to effect. For the world has changed, and we must change with it. ref

Actually,
For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately the faith and determination of the American people upon which this nation relies.

is pretty good.


I'm inspired by this man. His speech, his demeanor, and his savvy. I have great hope for the future. And, honestly, I feel like I needo to up my level of responsibility. To self, to country, and to humanity.

No comments: